Naxos is one of the oldest and most storied islands in the Cyclades so these villages are not only storied but home to traditional buildings unchanged by time.Landscape of Naxos. Contents 1. During the summers, you can expect a large crowd at all times of the day. This experience is perfect for beginners so why not start life as a married couple by learning how to dive? Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini itinerary. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-60066284', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');cars coming to the beach. The sun sets directly in front of the Temple and lights up the structure as well as the town in the background during golden hour. With six days in Milos, you really have time to see a bit more of this magical island. It's impossible to see everything in a week or two so you'll have to focus your time on a certain area. There are countless Greek restaurants in Athens ranging from local but vibrant restaurants to upscale and fancy. That way, youll make the most of your honeymoon. Most visitors head straight to Chania regardless of which airport they fly into, but Heraklion is a fantastic city to stay in too. But it is beyond worth it. I'd very much recommend renting a car for flexibility. The contrast is absolutely stunning and reminds me of driving through the Western cape on my way to Cape Point. Imperial Heritage - Prague, Vienna, Budapest 1.3. And yes, the flowy dress photos, I had to be honest, lol. For the purpose of this honeymoon itinerary, Ill focus it mostly on Athens and the Cyclades. Instead, come back during sunrise where it is empty! There are so many islands as you can see from the above its overwhelming for someone who hasnt visited Greece to choose. well,if you are only to visit greece once in your lifetime,athens for a few days is a ''must'' just for the acropolis etc ,santorini is definitely a must for the great views and crete is a nice addition to the mix..if you don't end up in elafonisi,crete is full of places to explore..rethymno town for example is smaller but as beautiful as chania. But I'm sharing the magic with you now. In summary, avoid visiting the Cyclades in the summer months like the plague. . You can choose from 101 rooms and suites and 13 villas with beautiful views, infinity pools, and a spa. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. You want your honeymoon to be relaxing as well, right? It has a pool and is conveniently located for those who want to see as much as possible during their time in Paros. Then, to top it all off, your Italian escape will end with a couple of days of beach and sun, sipping homemade limoncello on the Amalfi Coast. From visiting the Acropolis and other ancient sites to checking out the impressive museums, you can expect to be amazed by everything the Greek capital has to offer. Planning a Croatia and Greece vacation is the best way to delve into the magic of two of the most fascinating countries in Southern Europe. I thought some of these towns were the most beautiful towns I saw in the Cyclades. Doing this hike essentially means youve walked half of the island. Ive written a very comprehensive guide about Greek ferries so make sure to read that if you are keen on an island hopping adventure! Santorini Secret Suites & Spa: Santorini Secret Suites & Spa offers a choice of 17 suites and one villa with private pools or hot tubs. You will find all the details in my section on Athens above. Please let me know about your Greece honeymoon trip when youre back. MakeMyTrip currently offers over 16 tour packages to Greece, with prices starting as low as Rs.82156. Let me say in advance that I appreciate any and all help you can offer me, so thank you! Bali Honeymoon Itinerary: 2 Weeks in Bali. The magnificent Sistine Chapel, the iconic St. Peter's Basilica, the lovely St. Peter's Square: for being such a tiny country, visiting Vatican City has a lot to offer! Essentially, every town in Greece has an Acropolis because it is just the highest point in the town but of course Athens is a bit more famous than that. The estate is set up with a modern interior perfect for wine tasting as well as numerous large outdoor patios for you to enjoy the breathtaking view. The Naxos Kastro neighborhood dates back to the 13th century. For more info, check out my post on why donkey riding is unethical. Book the trip when you are satisfied. Feb 22nd, 2010 01:10 PM. Start your Greece one-week itinerary in Athens and make your way to two other Greece honeymoon spots from the capital. . This is only one of many possible 2-week honeymoon ideas, but you can add to it if you want. Cetara: a lovely fisherman village where you can taste a local gastronomic specialty named "colatura di alici" (anchovy extract) Option 2: a guided tour from Naples to the Amalfi Coast. On this 10-day Greece itinerary, visit three beautiful Greek islands and the city of Athens. Bali never gets old for me. Filoti is one of the oldest villages in Naxos. We should figure out where to stay and what to do pretty easily but I suppose I'm looking for opinions on our choice of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? You can find the Archaeological Museum of Naxos at the top of the Castle. This beach, located near to the town of Aegiali is probably the best beach on the island. The island is very beautiful in that all the houses were built on the clifftops that descend straight into the sea allowing for dramatic effects. If you want more idyllic beaches and less crowds (but no white houses), consider visiting another island chain like the Ionian islands with islands like Lefkada, Kefalonia, and Paxos being very good options. To see the magnificent geology of Milos book this geology and volcano morning tour. You can spend here months, weeks, or only a few days, and you will still want to come back. The five-storey structure presents archaeological finds from the Neolithic era. While most of the other islands are mountainous to a degree, Amorgos is much more mountainous than others. Day 1: Land in Athens, explore the city. This is because builders from the Cyclades were known to be the best and were brought in to construct a lot of the official buildings back in the day. Arrive in Mykonos at 12 PM Day 7 - Mykonos Day 8 - Mykonos Day 9 - Fly from Mykonos to Amsterdam. Although the island isnt very famous among international travelers, in Greece it has a reputation for being the perfect couples island. The monastery began to be built near the ocean where the icon had been found. In fact, walking through the town would remind you of something youd see in southern Italy like Sicily rather than the Cyclades. Santorini is home to some fabulous hotels built following the Cycladic minimal architecture with private terraces, uninterrupted views towards the Aegean Sea and infinity pools. (Which also means you probably wont get to see that many anyway.). The prices are also the most expensive during these months as much of the revenue generated in this period subsidize the lack of earnings in the other months. That way youre also creating your own souvenir to take home! In the low and mid-season, the pool is heated. You can find the neighborhood high up in the Plaka district of Athens and its the perfect place for some nice photo opportunities. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Halki is one of the first places in the Cyclades where I did not see a town of all white. It reminds me of the shipwreck at Navaggio beach in Zakynthos although not quiet as perfect and turquoise. Long walks on the beach are tough on the popular cliff-heavy Cycladic Island, but you're guaranteed some of the most memorable. Paros is another relatively large island which is why Im allocating five days to it. Or, it could look like this: These islands charge 2-3x the prices of the rest of the country purely based on their namesake. Delphi is the 3rd most visited archaeological site in all of Greece, and an especially popular day trip from Athens! And of course, make sure to take many many photos of yourself doing your finest Instagram vanity pose. home> Packages for GREECE>Greece Honeymoon Packages, copyright Chalki (pronounced Halki) was once the main administrative center of Naxos. Though touring the islands can be require a bit of work and some logistics, we've tried to minimize the wear and tear. As you drive inland from the Chora, you can see the beautiful rolling mountain landscape that really reminds me of the dramatic Cretian coastline. If youre looking for a guided tour of the Acropolis note that most of them dont include the rather expensive entrance tickets. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Heres a little tip: Since Santorini isnt the ideal destination for a beach holiday skip the hot, expensive, and super busy summer months. Finally, the master builder lost his tool bag. If so, enjoy your romantic time in Greece! Its an old town where its inhabitants have a distinct accent compared to the rest of the island and Greece. Youll find absolutely beautiful views of the Chora, sea, and the surrounding mountain scenery. This is a great, classic itinerary for first-time visitors as it covers a large variety of most popular places to visit in Greece. Once inside, I climbed to the top for a short tour given by one of the workers which was very interesting before going into a room to sample the local Raki made by the monks that still live there. Otherwise some other options are the following: As part of your Greek island honeymoon, taking the ferry will be part of the adventure. For the first stop in the Greek islands, head over to the beautiful island of Naxos. Day 2 Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Agora and other ancient sites - complete guide HERE. The views from the decks of the ferries that come into the town, or from the Temple of Apollo are my favorite. The sun sets directly in front of the estate so its a hugely popular place for sundowners. Last but not least, the town of Koronos is a must visit. The Chora is built around the Naxos Castle on the hilltop and has a perfect pyramid-like shape that looks oh so perfect. How many days do I need for a Greece honeymoon? It gets really packed here so dont expect to take many good photos at this time. Antiparos is the least internationally known of the islands on this itinerary, but that shouldnt worry you. Your email address will not be published. Allowing only children from 12 years old, its a great choice for a honeymoon if you dont want to be surrounded by families with small children. Classic Itinerary for 7 Days in Greece From Dymphe of Dym Abroad If you have 7 days to spend in Greece, you can visit Athens, Hydra, Santorini, and Mykonos. We wanted to go somewhere that we could enjoy some time on a "tropical" beach but also be able to see some historical, archaeological, and cultural sites. There are many possible 3-week honeymoon ideas in Greece, but everyone wants a Greece island itinerary so Ill cover this here. Santorini. Funding ran dry for the construction numerous times and was left untouched numerous times. Since our epic escapades in Greece and Italy. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The perfect Greece itinerary for honeymooners must be accompanied by amazing accommodation. They were allowed to construct this Christian monument which started sometime in the9th century. But its most impressive feature is its architecture. Scenic Santorini awaits you today! Arrive in Paris at 3 PM Day 4 - Fly from Paris to Santorini. The whole island being long and thin, you can see the mountains from every part of the island especially as it dramatically descends steeply into the ocean. I love how many options you give! Its the islands emblem and certainly the main landmark. This architectural marvel immediately brought me back to my time visiting Petra in Jordan with its mind boggling buildings carved into the face of the mountains. Describe your dream 2 week Greece itinerary. However, there are certain times of year that youll want to avoid, and other times of year where nothing is open. It was constructed in the 6th century BC in accordance to the specifications of the temples of Olympic Zeus in Athens. Check out this Greece vacation itinerary for two weeks if you're considering Greece as a honeymoon destination. There are so many heart-stopping viewpoints on this island that its best just to pull over on the ATV/scooter/car at times and just soak in the views. Santorini is the most developed and most luxurious island in the Aegean. Ciao, Bella - Rome, Florence, Venice 1.5. There is a very comprehensive ferry system in the Greek islands, especially in the Cyclades as there are so many of them. Athens First, start by spending 2 days in Athens. But be aware that its not a great island if youre looking to spend time on the beach. Im here to say very firmly that these arenot the only options for you. A77 Suites by Andronis: Nestled in the most beautiful Athenian neighborhood, Plaka, this small luxury hotel welcomes guests in twelve different suites. If youre looking for adventure honeymoon destinations then Crete might be even better for you. As you can see, Greece is a great option when it comes to 1-week honeymoon destinations. There are few side streets as well that youll want to explore with more cafes, rustic whitewashed houses, doors painted in a variety of colors like blue, green, and red, and so much more. Otherwise, we will stick to the Cyclades on this post. The capital city of Greece is full of beautiful historical sights and home to amazing restaurants and bars. 2 days in Santorini itinerary. Amorgos is packed with numerous beaches for the sun starved out there. 2 Weeks in Greece: The Perfect 14-15 Days Itinerary 1) Athens (2 days) Where to stay in Athens 2) Mycenae / Epidaurus / Nafplio (1 day) Where to stay in Nafplio 3) Palamidi Fortress / Monemvasia (1 day) Where to stay in Mystras 4) Mystras / Olympia (1 day) Where to stay in Olympia 5) Delphi (1 day) Where to stay in Delphi 6) The Meteora (1 day) For a list of everything to do in Athens, make sure to read my What to do in Athens guide. But I guess in terms of honeymooning thats not what most people are looking for, haha! Suggested itinerary for 2 weeks in Italy Venice/ Venezia Stay: 1 night Where to stay: Hotel Moresco Ah, the picture-perfect canals and waterways of Venice! Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport is a hub that connects most European cities directly with Athens, the Greek islands and many other international destinations. #france, :" This is my piece of coral. Yes, it is touristy. Where to Go in Greece and Italy. I think this was my favorite village of all because it just screamed everything you wanted about the Cyclades. Ive traveled all around the Cyclades islands, the Ionian islands, and Crete. Santorini is popular for being one of the best Greece honeymoon destinations, and the ideal Greece itinerary for newlyweds will include a few days here. You can also subscribe without commenting. This historic hotel is close enough to all the main sights so you can explore them on foot, but still offers the relaxation of a resort. Nevertheless, the wine here is of top notch quality but in reality youre mostly paying for the view. There werent many visitors at all during the times I visited so you can bet on taking some fantastic photos. The reason Im including Corfu and Zakynthos in this one-week itinerary is that while the Cycladic islands (see three-week itinerary) are extremely popular and have that amazing white and blue architecture, the landscapes are quite dry and not everyones thing. The following GDPR rules must be read and accepted: This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. Best Trip by Car. Bali has a great selection of five-star resorts at affordable prices. Fira is located in the center of the island while Oia is located at the northwest tip. Im not sure I would really call this a proper hike as more of a long walk. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-60056178', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');flight,so well desrved. Its not a difficult hike and takes roughly 15 minutes to reach the top. This is an adults-only hotel so you wont have to worry about loud families. For golden hour, head to one of the many rooftops in Athens with beautiful views of the Acropolis. Olea All Suite Hotel: This 5-star hotel located on a hill is surrounded by olive trees and not far from the capital of Zakynthos. It was still busy especially in August, but was never over the top for me. After the famous Hozoviotossa monastery in Amorgos, the Olympia shipwreck is probably the only other thing I had ever seen that was from Amorgos. The last itinerary option for your 2 weeks in Europe includes the countries the UK, Netherlands, and Belgium, also known as the west of Europe. We even visited a neighborhood adjacent to the Acropolis that is a little mini Cyclades within the city. I particularly liked the area by Apospero cafe which had the most perfect tables set out on the most perfect white cobblestone streets with the most vibrant Bougainvillea trees. There are so many little streets that meander into an even more picturesque street filled with whitewashed houses, cobblestone steps, and rustic doors. Copyright Johnny Africa 2023 - All Rights Reserved. A two-week itinerary around the Greek islands could look like this: Day 1 - Arrive in Athens, fly to Santorini Day 4 - Ferry from Santorini to Milos Day 8 - Ferry from Milos to Naxos Day 12 - Ferry / flight from Naxos to Athens Days 12 - 14 - Athens If you wanted to include Crete in your Greece itinerary, you could try something like this:
Trail Between Procyonid Watercourse And Mullet, Articles OTHER