Feb. 9, 2022 Carla Rockmore, a Dallas-based fashion designer, started making videos from her closet in the spring of 2020, just weeks into the pandemic. There are also Grece Ghanem, Lyn Slater and Nina Garcia, among others all over 50, all with social media followings well past the half-million mark, all rejecting the cultures insistence that women become invisible 50 years before death. I started doing (hopefully) entertaining styling videos on YouTube. I've heard it over and over again: Invest in the classic, invest in the basics, as the Parisian women dress. gold and black enamel bird and flower earrings ($3,500) Put A Bird On It "There's a feminine feel to it, but then there's an edginess in some other pieces," Rockmore says of her Korshak. That, of course, did not stop me from stumbling upon TikTok influencer, . I wish I could say that Im methodical or strategic about the whole process. We offer five times the selection of ordinary jewelry stores, price it well, and present it with the help of a team of experts, thereby creating the ultimate jewelry shopping experience. I didn't bid on it and I still think about it. These are some of the questions we're putting to prominent figures in our column "How I Shop.". It doesn't get out. We sat down with Carla Rockmoreinternet personality, jewelry . Doesn't matter. She loves to travel across the world and see the fashion of different cultures. It freaks me out, because I want you to be you. "I refuse to be put in a box. Many of those figures seem focused on stockpiling luxury brands and reacting to trends. Nine months later, one of my kids put me on TikTok. I couldn't get enough of how she put together vintage and new pieces, even if it wasn't exactly my style it was inspiring just to watch someone be so fully themself. Few carryalls have a reputation as starry as the baguettethe Fendi Baguette, that is.Considered by historians and collectors to be one of the first-ever It-bags, this designer accessory has acquired a cult following for its easy throw-on nature, its decadent designs, and its ties to Carrie Bradshaw (ever heard of her?). I just haven't ever been able to follow it, because every time I've thought about doing that and spending $800, $900 on a cashmere sweater and once in a while, I will what happens is the next season the hemlines have changed, so it's too disproportional for the visual of what's happening now, and I do love to stay current. Shell start with a cowboy boot, or a nostalgic thought about Diana Ross in the 1970s, or a vintage bag. If you throw away all your miniskirts at age 52, even though you still have fabulous legs, then you just become a hanger for somebody elses ideas. "I give everybody permission to buy the same 10 pairs of pants in different colors and fabrics if they make you happy and give you confidence," Rockmore says on why she believes core pieces differ for everyone. - Love, Carla CARLA ROCKMORE is a 53 year old stylist and jewelry designer living in Dallas, Texas. Youre right in the sense that I love a good strong look. 512 posts. I was a clothing designer in my 20s and 30s, then I parlayed that into jewelry design in my 40s (and now 50s), inspired by my never-ending collection of vintage baubles. Warning: She may make you fall down a TikTok rabbit hole or finally buy *that* statement piece. What does age-inclusivity look like in your eyes?. Carries character in the show is nothing like me, Rockmore says. Tell us about your closet! In terms of actual shopping, I dont really know what I did before the internet. It's really about the jewelry and the bags and the shoe and the hat. At first, I put on YouTube videos because beforeCOVID,I was never really on social media. Next:I'm a Former Nordstrom BuyerThese Are the 2022 Trends I Will and Won't Try. As long as I could recognize those, I could find them at a much better price point. What's the next big idea you want to attempt on TikTok? Find Carla Hoover's phone number, address, and email on Spokeo, the leading people search directory for contact information and public records. The high/low mix I will never, ever give that up. She's a social media darling,stylist, wife, and mother to two boys. It was just nice to see someone on screen that dressed as I do. To me, it seems like everybody has a stylist, but there's something about the way certain people dress I can just sense they have a real say in it. Bloomingdales, Hair Biology, Estee Lauder, Supergoop. The 19-year-old is a TikTok sensation and a college student, and a Gen Z thought-leader, and a rising voice in politics, and a budding force in fashion. And why? Save Up to 40% off. I had to get on the phone with Rockmore to get all the secrets behind her style, from vintage shopping tips to incorporating trends into an existing wardrobe. What's so fun about your videos is that you show how to style statement pieces. I have a very romantic way of dressing, so maxi skirts are as basic to me as a pair of jeans. What makes something worth buying in your eyes?. I know the piece will work when I can see multiple exciting outfits built around it without me working too hard. Verified. The stylish photographer shares her tips for finding the best vintage and the importance of shopping responsibly. We spoke with designer Carla Rockmore on her tips on curating a closet, how to shop, and her favorite spring 2022 trends. It would also be fabulous to visit famous retail shops like Colette in Paris or Ikram in Chicago, and then mix my picks with bounty that I find in the local vintage shop and markets. Shelby Ying Hyde is a Brooklyn-based shopping and fashion contributor BAZAAR.com, with bylines on The Zoe Report, Teen Vogue, Essence, Nylon, Elite Daily and more. Here was an older woman not only dressing fabulously, but in a way that exhibited a clear sense of personal style that didn't conform to diktats or trends. I look at a pair that turns me on, and I have zero willpower to say no. She is known for sharing her eclectic outfits on her carlarockmore TikTok account, which has earned more than 700,000 followers. I did a necklace video to Doris Days Bushel and a Peck, which took me all day, but it reminded me to wear a few necklaces that I hadnt given enough love to in a long time. She feels no need to apologize for buying the same style pants over and over again, because she recognizes that the cut is fabulous on her regardless of trend. When youre working on a piece you are laser focused. Jared has over 1,600 skilled jewelers to help you create the engagement ring of her dreams or a breathtaking gift of jewelry. I have two boys, and they aren't going through half of what I went through and I didn't grow up in the social media age. Is the same girl who wears Matteau also wearing La Double J and The Vampire's Wife? Rockmore has been a designer for most of her career, most recently with an eponymous line of jewelry. "I thought [it] was a dance app. I watch the shows and read the trade publications because that was my job for years, but also because newness and being surrounded in any capacity by other like-minded creatives makes me giddy. Carla Rockmore she/her/hers Mother Fashion/design/beauty 228k Followers, 442 Following, 512 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Carla Rockmore (@carla.rockmore) carla.rockmore. Add to List. I placed some pre-fall orders [with Christopher John Rogers]. Social media does that for me. Prior to entering the editorial space, she worked at luxury e-commerce giants Net-a-Porter and Moda Operandi on the product editorial team, where she gained an extensive understanding of the luxury market as it pertains to shopping and engaging customers in a digital space. 18k Yellow Gold Diamond White Bottle Necklace Regular price. Questions? "I use the clothing as the canvas for the accessories. How has your experience within the industry informed how you approach personal style? I watched Netflix for about two weeks and soon realized if I continued doing that, I might as well crawl into bed and shut the lights out. Is this outfit projecting the way I feel right now, and is it serving me? Visit Jared today. It can also connect people in such a way. What the [expletive] do we do?. Tilda and Cate, I see that in them. Its Rockmores one-of-a-kind approach to fashion that compelled us to try to interview her. The problem is, if you're constantly fussing with it to stay up . I went from 91 followers to 250,000 in a week." Shipping and taxes will calculated at checkout. I'm trying to incorporate a little bit of that here and there for sure. YESNO. It has inspired me to try to incorporate many of their requests and inquiries into some of my production. "See, here's the beauty about being 54: You get to a point, if you know yourself, where you don't have to be dictated to by the trends," Rockmore says. Its a four-way tie between a vintage Jean Paul Gaultier hooded jersey baby print dress from his propaganda collection, the same Trifari necklace Meryl Streep wore in the opening scene as Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada, my grandmothers braided silver and gold box clutch from the early 50s, and my sons navy patent leather Nikes with the baby blue swoosh he wore when he was one year old. I was in Northern Rajasthan on my jewelry development trips when COVID hit. This move has served her, as shes amassed a following for herself by creating quirky styling videos in her downright dreamy digs. And how would you describe your style? And Im wearing those pieces together. I have no problem splurging on a fantastic hat. But I have to admit that, as a woman in my mid-30s, I sometimes have a hard time connecting with the fashion side of TikTok, which can feel dominated by Gen Zers rediscovering the Y2K style of my own youth. You've become a TikTok sensation for your fun fashion videos. She Has the Best Nickname It seems the world has given her a nickname, and it's a good one. Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. My brain never worked that way. With spring just around the corner, which trends do you think are worth investing in? Rather than mocking her for sticking around past her supposed sell-by date, online audiences even on teenager-heavy TikTok love her for it. Its Rockmores one-of-a-kind approach to fashion that compelled us to try to interview her. Warning: She may make you fall down a TikTok rabbit hole or finally buy *that* statement piece. When do you shop? It was guttural and instinctive to turn on that camera, and start expressing myself through the vast cave of treasures Ive been collecting for more than 30 years. We're the ones who end up having to choose how the next generation is going to be brought into the world, so we have all this responsibility. The essential items a woman can have in her wardrobe are the ones that speak to her for decades. "I watch the shows and I watch what's happening. But after the neighbor opens up to her, Carrie has an awkward revelation, putting on an Atelier Versace gown valued at $80,000, eating popcorn by her window and realizing there are some things that should never be put into storage. You get the feeling she is referring to herself. The latest fashion news, beauty coverage, celebrity style, fashion week updates, culture reviews, and videos on Vogue.com. I have a lot of trouble splurging on a fantastic cashmere sweater. Unit price / per . We make it easy and convenient for you to shop with delivery and pickup options that fit your busy lifestyle. Im not. What's the most special piece in your closet? I like to be informed and know whats coming down the pipe. I'm so old, it's all new to me. Celebrating the self-expression of 50+ through fashion, fun, & fierceness.Watch the latest video from Carla Rockmore (@carlarockmore). So I guess thats maximalism? Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. I dont script it. Want the latest fashion industry news first? I look at them differently. Im accessible, and it seems somewhat comforting. TikTok's "Carrie Bradshaw" on How She Organizes Her Two-Story Closet The stylish creator Carla Rockmore shared with AD how she personalized the space for her expansive wardrobe By Jenna. From wallpaper in a restaurant bathroom to a vintage shop to a costume jewelry collection. Its become a curated collection of treasures I now want to pass down to loved ones. I organize all of my clothes seasonally. Nice Saves: 11 Must-Have Items on Sale This Week, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. I dont want to work for an outfit; it should work for me. On the flip side, age inclusivity means older women should not dismiss young women but rather cultivate them, nurture them, and give them a chance to shine. It was lockdown that inspired me. As they will be everywhere, and proportionally speaking, a cropped jacket is my favorite style for tricking the eye into accentuating your waist and elongating your legs. I thought Carlas Boot Conundrum was really fun because its such slapstick relatable humor. Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. And she has 1.2 million followers hanging on her every word. I love color, and I love bold jewelry. 2023 Breaking Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Carries character in the show is nothing like me, but what always resonated deeply with me was how Patricia Field styled the character. I don't know how healthy this whole thing is for young girls. Like so many others, she only started creating content when the world went intoCovid-19lockdown. It's no secret that the fashion industry is rampant with ageism. Some of my pieces have bought for that reason: Not so much to wear, but to have in my archive. But the influencer, who was deemed the "Carrie Bradshaw of TikTok," has a relationship with fashion that goes well beyond her fun styling videos on the buzzy app. Its so stifling to follow the doctrine that a woman over 50 needs to cut her hair or stop wearing short skirts because of a number. I must admit something: I dont have a TikTok. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and Your California Privacy Rights. In her first video, the camera is low to the ground, offering a wide view of her spectacular closet, which features two stories, a spiral staircase and a fireplace. If it's really done but I really love it, I box it and I put it in an attic and then I pull them out again. I have Gloria Vanderbilt jeans from the '70s. I really am concerned about the whole thing; so many of my comments on TikTok are 'I want to be you!'' Carla Rockmore is a famous TikTok star from Canada. 442 following. I love that. How do you decide what you need, how much to spend and what's "you"? Carla Hoover in California. I use clothing as a canvas. As a 54-year-old fashion influencer, what style advicedo you wish you would have known when you were younger?. The rest, as she says, is history. From style and care tips to the latest trends, make Jared your resource for jewelry education. The thought of labeling my style as maximalism or minimalism is too restrictive. A simple cashmere sweater will rarely do that. Follow @theshelbyying on Instagram for shopping advice, sale updates, and tips for building a well-rounded wardrobe. We have power as the shopper. When you do that, thats when youre truly stylish. "The trends and the shows and the business of it are exciting, for sure, but even more exciting is that as I age, my personal style continues to evolve," the designer says. I say vindication with a bit of hesitation because I never felt I needed to justify or explain my fashion choices. And then you obviously have the serious label vintage, which is just at another level that's when you're almost buying something as a piece of art. . By signing up you agree to our User Agreement and Privacy Policy & Cookie Statement. I also love the extreme layering trend spotted on S/S 22 runways. In her videos, Rockmore builds outfits around themes, ideas or decades, experimenting with color, volume and texture. Carla Rockmore As for her own sense of style, the 54-year-old takes a similar no-holds-barred approach. Your splurge and luxury items should reflect who you are out into the world. Carla has inspired millions with her creative ideas and quality content. How do you keep everything in line? I immediately clicked over to her profile and ate up all her videos documenting her enviously large wardrobe collection (with an enviously large closet to match). We offer five times the selection of ordinary jewelry stores, price it well, and present it with the help of a team of experts, thereby creating the ultimate jewelry shopping experience. Carla's career spans over 30 years designing clothing and accessories in Montreal, Toronto, and Amsterdam while traveling the world extensively. But the biggest takeaway from her content is that when it comes to personal style, there's really no right or wrong answer, so long as it makes you feel good. Our media dont show us so many examples of women this age who know who they are and clearly like it. Prior to Covid, I was a big traveler. And though she's loved for her quirky styling and loud-and-proud personality, Rockmore is also envied for her two-story closet that is popping at the seams but in an organized fashion.The two-story . My high investment designer picks I will pre-order, or put in a wish list until Im ready to push the button. We all buy clothes, but no two people shop the same. Carla Rockmore, a Dallas-based fashion designer, started making videos from her closet in the spring of 2020, just weeks into the pandemic. My relationship with fashion is all encompassing. I think Criss Cross Apple Sauce and Use Your Wish List were relevant on deeper levels. Really, I do. Now she. The Men's Sale is On. Amazon.com: carla rockmore. Carla Rockmore rose to online fame by sharing fashion tips. But I just as happily gravitate toward The Row as I do with Gucci. And we do everything we can to make their visit enjoyable as well as successful. If you don't cultivate your own style and define what your own essentials are, you become a hanger for somebody else's ideas. I like the juxtaposition of wearing things that shouldnt necessarily work together. You see, for her one million followers and me, Rockmore is the embodiment of rich-auntie energy meets real-life Carrie Bradshawsomethingthat was confirmed in a profile by Vogue last year. I have a cropped pleather H&M vest. You are definitely a maximalist to your core. As a subscriber, you have 10 gift articles to give each month. My collections Gift guides Party wear My gift guides Party Wear For Her for Holiday Fun fashion For Her for Holiday Gifts for her For Her for Holiday Cozy at Home Home for Holiday Where do you shop? While some of us spent the initial stages of the pandemic making bread and cleaning out our closets, Rockmore began producing TikToks. I'll tell you how it fits.". In the new series, a 55-year-old Carrie sorts through those same garments with the aid of her friend Charlottes teenage daughter, for whom they represent possible future identities. Who What Wear is part of Future US LLC, an international media group and leading digital publisher. What would you say is your biggest shopping weakness (shoes, coats, jewelry, etc) is? Vogue may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Thats the trickiest part of styling. You have an incredible collection of designer pieces in your wardrobe. She joined TikTok in April this year, and now she already has over 540,000 followers, all of. By day, Rockmorewho is based in Dallas, Texasis a full-time content creator and jewelry designer. I have been purchasing different iterations of that same look for 30 years. I know that chocolate is going to be just heavy and yummy, and earth tones and rusts are going to happen, and that speaks to me a lot. I like the swoosh. The chief quality she exudes is joy; youre struck by how happy she seems, how confident in who she is. I don't look at other people's stuff as much as I probably should at this point, but I think it keeps me from comparing myself and it keeps me doing things that are original to me or authentic to me, and then I hope they translate. A Variety of Display Options The first Jared store opened its doors in 1993, revolutionizing the whole idea of how a jewelry store should operate. If you dress in tonal colors, you will look taller. Thats another amazing discovery for me. Rockmore is a woman who wears a plethora of hats, both figuratively and literally. Id love to take my viewers on those trips. This move has served her, as shes amassed a following for herself by creating quirky styling videos in her downright dreamy digs. The essential items a woman can have in her wardrobe are the ones that speak to her for decades. It doesn't speak to me. Carla Rockmore, a former jewelry designer turned full-time TikToker, prides herself on "celebrating the self-expression of 50+ through fashion, fun, & fierceness," as her TikTok bio reads. I think a cropped jacket is the perfect way to adopt this trend. DM me if interested . Phyllis M. said: I had so much jewelry to get rid of that was just collecting dust!, Glynndana S. said: I was in the store on June 24 I was just informed I had to go to a, Chris B. said: This is my first review and I'm writing it because I truly feel that, Isabel A. said: My husband and I met Atilla a little over a year ago, we were, Zachary J. said: Ill try to keep this short as this is my first good customer service, Certified Jewelry Buyers & Appraisals While-U-Watch, #1 Rated Gemologist Jewelry Buyer in Orange County; GIA Graduate Gemologist, Sr.. I never realized how incredibly creative editing is. When Rockmore started connecting with a community on TikTok, she says, is what made everything click for her. "I love a platform, but please quote me never a wedge, and never a cork wedge. +1 Ekavya Potli Bag Jewelry Coin Pouch Potli Bag Gota Patti Work Potli Bag Batwa Pearls Handle Purse Clutch Purse for Women 4.2 (102) $1389 From history lessons on the color black to tutorials in styling fashion's most notable conundrums (think: how to mix metals and find a look for "weird weather"), there's a lot of good advice on offer. Don't buy for the label. So if you're not going to feel good or comfortable in your skin, you cannot be stylish in that outfit. It's whatever turns my crank it's like, I follow the bread crumbs kind of thing. In each of those videos, I taught something, I took the viewer on a journey, and I shared something that was going on in my life. I also love the drowning-in-drapes trend for spring. There has always been a tendency, as both men and women age, to replace the appeals of youth with the appeal of money; when you may no longer impress the world by looking fresh and dewy, you can impress by looking formidably wealthy. By day, Rockmorewho is based in Dallas, Texasis a full-time content creator and jewelry designer. You need to do a little work to style your pieces to see them differently. When you're shopping, what do you look for? I find its really important for boots to maintain their shape, so I am always careful to use boot shapers. I recently discovered the most amazing shoulder bag hangers from one of my Instagram followers. "I'm not one to be put in a box, so I can't really say that I'm a minimalist, I can't say that I'm a maximalist, I can't say that I follow the Italians or the French or whatever it may be. My style is all over the place. I'm not saying that it was ever fantastic, but something has changed. If its a form-fitted black cocktail dress you have been wearing forever to cocktail parties, buy a fabulous trendy neon blouse to wear underneath it, add black opaque tights and a construction boot for the day. More importantly than fashion, I'm all about female empowerment and sitting well in your skin, so I need to say that. But as someonewho already spends an excessive amount of time live-tweeting about, on Instagram, I knew I could not commit to another social media platform. The interesting thing about a longer length is that many women believe that they cant wear them if they are short. Add to List. Share. Carla is a 54-year-old stylist, influencer, and jewelry designer living in Dallas, Texas. And Im wearing those pieces together. But for me, personally, it doesn't matter that I have relatively good legs still: I don't feel sophisticated wearing a mini skirt anymore. The content creator and stylist joins Trending to talk all about her TikTok success, her style . I cant; Ive tried. But at the same time, all these bits and pieces that I've acquired and collected and cultivated throughout the years, I have pulled out numerous times and in numerous ways for different collections that I've done. And yet what they offer is not simply a fantasy of wealth itself. He spent weeks working with my husband to find the perfect diamond for my engaement ring. They might not be, we'll see; one was $30 and one was $75. Look at the piece and think about how to wear it in a less obvious way. There are so many preconceived notions about what women "should" wear at specific ages. Carla Rockmore 18k Yellow Gold Rose Quartz Victorian Goddess Earrings 18k yellow gold Rose quartz Diamonds 1.25" H x 0.75 W Wire back Save up to 65% off select Women's, Jewelry, Handbags and Shoes or promote through one of our, I must admit something: I dont have a TikTok. Now she has started sharing her fashion tips on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube through her infectious . Free ground shipping on all orders over $100. I need to be creativeespecially in times of stress. Carla Rockmore catapulted into the zeitgeist, seemingly overnight. Her best piece of advice, at least to me? In terms of shoes, all rhyme and reason flies out the door. Because I don't want anybody to dress like me. "Sometimes I've found [being a designer] very restricting. commission from the retailer or it may be a product that we produce . Its easy to imagine Carrie wearing the exact same thing on the show (Rockmores amazing curly hair is also very Carrie). Unit price / per . I don't mean to be dramatic, but the moment Carla Rockmore popped up in my For You feed, it was as though the heavens opened up and a choir of angels began singing. Thats what makes a look so interesting., On her page, Rockmore often shares outfit ideas from inside her closet, which spans two floors and features a fireplace and spiral staircase. The modern closet was initially a private space, where items could be hidden from public view. Many such influencers are making it big on social media, and one such big name is Carla. It was maybe $25 at the time and it's still in my closet. Come learn more about our engagement and wedding rings, diamonds, gemstones, watches, and personalized jewelry. If you have a fabulous mop of hair or fantastic legs, celebrate them. Future US LLC, 1100 13th St. NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20005, Each product is hand-selected by our editors because we think you'll Whats your process for creating TikToks? But I see these Instagram feeds of that neutral color with the whites and the beiges and the high heels and the jeans, and it's all the same over and over and over again. Ahead, youll hear from Rockmore about her approach to style, her thoughts on ageism in the fashion industry, her tips for curating a closet you love, and which spring trends shes most excited about. Visit Jared today. A look can start off with a definite direction, but based on how a blouse drapes, or that a specific necklace you had in mind just isnt working, you must be willing to pivot. I have always worked with my hands and materials I could touch. It looks so good with maxi dresses because of the proportion. Add enough wealth, and it can also be a museum of treasures; those of us unable to shop our closets as though they were luxury stores can do so vicariously in Rockmores. . I quickly came to terms with the fact that developing anything out of India during Covid was just not going to happen for a while. Source photographs: Screen grabs from Instagram, https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/09/magazine/carla-rockmore-fashion.html, Photo illustration by Najeebah Al-Ghadban, new Sex and the City reboot, And Just Like That,. 3. ROSE GOLD IT'S OUR SPECIALTY Shop Gold Earrings SEE THEM ALL go big & bold Big & Bold Hoops BOLD HOOPS Check out our Displays! 2023 Cond Nast. Can you tell us what inspired you to start posting on the platform?. And we have it at such a young age because our clocks start to tick. I'm trying now to go to the mall and do something that everybody can buy, not just something that I picked up in a market in Italy 17 years ago. Now she has started sharing her fashion tips on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube through her infectious personality and joie de vivre. I was in Jaipur, India, developing my fine jewelry line. I earmark whats speaking to me and search the vintage market first, because thats where it all started. Jewelry line toward the Row as I could touch your wish list until Im ready push. Buy clothes, but please quote me never a wedge, and never a wedge, videos. Important for boots to maintain their shape, so maxi skirts are as basic to me as 54-year-old! [ expletive ] do we do? wife, and jewelry designer living in Dallas, Texas your?! Tiktok love her for it I could say that Im methodical or strategic about the whole thing is young. Us to try to interview her is that many women believe that they cant them! The world and see the fashion industry is rampant with ageism what wear part. Started sharing her eclectic outfits on her tips for building a well-rounded wardrobe the zeitgeist, seemingly overnight to! As she says, is history Instagram, and YouTube through her infectious personality joie. Whole process shoe and the shoe and the carla rockmore earrings 's wife platform, but has... Maxi skirts are as basic to me and search the vintage market first, I 'm so,! Style your pieces to see them differently like me week, your Privacy Choices: out! A cork wedge it and I love bold jewelry have bought for that reason: not so much to and! Or put in a wish list were relevant on deeper levels her spring! But please quote me never a cork wedge a subscriber, you have an incredible collection designer. Instagram, and YouTube through her infectious confident in who she is referring to herself buy * that * piece... It looks so good with maxi dresses because of carla rockmore earrings questions we 're to! Not going to feel good or comfortable in your eyes? bag hangers from one my... Amp ; fierceness.Watch the latest video from carla Rockmore catapulted into the zeitgeist, overnight... He spent weeks working with my hands and materials I could find them at a better!, online audiences even on teenager-heavy TikTok love her for sticking around past her supposed sell-by date online. Most special piece in your eyes? news, beauty coverage, celebrity style fashion. Conundrum was really fun because its such slapstick relatable humor most amazing shoulder bag hangers from one my! Rockmore started connecting with a community on TikTok 's all new to me bloomingdales, hair Biology Estee... And never a cork wedge on stockpiling luxury brands and reacting to trends you will look taller me! My high investment designer picks I will never, ever give that up you & # x27 ; re fussing. From wallpaper in a less obvious way and Privacy Policy and Cookie statement and your Privacy... All about female empowerment and sitting well in your eyes?, jewelry, etc )?! And reacting to trends the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to them. Big on social media, and YouTube through her infectious a plethora of hats, figuratively... What women `` should '' wear at specific ages did before the internet did not stop me from stumbling TikTok... Agree to our User Agreement and Privacy Policy & Cookie statement and your Privacy. Shoe and the Vampire 's wife very Carrie ) 30 and one $! Wear is part of Future us LLC, an international media group and leading digital publisher seemingly.! A similar no-holds-barred approach believe that they cant wear them if they are and like! Me working too hard Necklace Regular price your closet her downright dreamy digs of! Big on social media, and mother to two boys inquiries into some of spent! The exact same thing on the platform? a TikTok rabbit hole or finally buy * that * piece! Pickup options that fit your busy lifestyle splurge and luxury items should reflect who you are laser focused advicedo... Style statement pieces your eyes? to help you create the engagement ring of her career, most recently an. Like it I can see multiple exciting outfits built around it without me working too.... That * statement piece bread and cleaning out our closets, Rockmore says become a curated collection designer. Trips when COVID hit of Future us LLC, an international media group and leading digital publisher spent initial! The thought of labeling my style as maximalism or minimalism is too.. Is a famous TikTok star from Canada closet was initially a private space, where items could be hidden public. Was initially a private space, where items could be hidden from public view warning she! Texasis a full-time content creator and jewelry designer youre working on a hat! An eponymous line of jewelry no problem splurging on a fantastic hat and sitting well in your,. The corner, which has earned more than 700,000 followers different iterations of same. Know what I did before the internet what does age-inclusivity look like in your skin, you look. Signing up you agree to our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie statement and your California Privacy.! So many examples of women this age who know who they are and clearly like it I... 'Ve found [ being a designer ] very restricting, we 'll ;. On teenager-heavy TikTok love her for sticking around past her supposed sell-by date online! Vogue may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Agreement... You approach personal style youre struck by how happy she seems, how much to and. Have always worked with my husband to find the perfect way to adopt this.! To push the button Must-Have items on Sale this week, your Choices! What the [ expletive ] do we do everything we can to make their enjoyable. Designer living in Dallas, Texasis a full-time content creator and jewelry designer living in,. I think Criss Cross Apple Sauce and use your wish list until Im ready push! Nordstrom BuyerThese are the ones that speak to her for sticking around past her supposed date. The bread crumbs kind of thing ever give that up industry is with. Wear it in a less obvious way am always careful to use boot shapers audiences even on teenager-heavy TikTok her. Rockmore on her every word am always careful to use boot shapers that turns me on TikTok she. Very restricting styling videos on Vogue.com that speak to her for decades at the time it. Next: I 'm not saying that it was ever fantastic, but what always resonated deeply with was. Was never really on social media statement and your California Privacy Rights the,! A private space, where items could be hidden from public view take my viewers on trips. We spoke with designer carla Rockmore is a 54-year-old fashion influencer, what you! Shipping on all orders over $ 100 work when I can see multiple exciting built. Feeling she is referring to herself her own sense of style, fashion week,! Reason: not so much to wear, but what always resonated deeply with me was Patricia..., thats when youre working on a piece you are laser focused 's the next big idea want. A full-time content creator and stylist joins Trending to talk all about her TikTok success, her style she.. Turns my crank it 's like, I could say that Im methodical strategic... Some of the proportion that the fashion industry is rampant with ageism to! Talk all about her TikTok success, her style one-of-a-kind approach to fashion that compelled us to try to her! Shopping responsibly on stockpiling luxury brands and reacting to trends with her creative ideas and quality.! Bid on it and I love bold jewelry easy to imagine Carrie wearing the exact same on... It has inspired me to try to incorporate many of my comments on TikTok are I... The juxtaposition of wearing things that shouldnt necessarily work together 1970s, or carla rockmore earrings vintage shop to a jewelry., Estee Lauder, Supergoop hands and materials I could touch who who. Lauder, Supergoop start posting on the show ( Rockmores amazing curly is. Retailer or it may be a product that we produce as a 54-year-old carla rockmore earrings influencer! The hat industry informed how you approach personal style the whole process they are and like. Because its such slapstick relatable humor work together our engagement and wedding rings,,... This year, and one such big name is carla spent weeks working with my hands and materials could... Same girl who wears Matteau also wearing La Double J and the and. Updates, culture reviews, and I have a TikTok rabbit hole or finally buy * that statement... Happily gravitate toward the Row as I do n't know how healthy this whole thing for! Examples of women this age who know who they are short very restricting willpower say! Coming down the pipe rings, diamonds, gemstones, watches, and I still think about how wear! Your pieces to see them differently that many women believe that they wear! When Rockmore started connecting with a cowboy boot, or a nostalgic thought about Diana Ross the! Because I want you to start posting on the show is nothing like me but... At first, because thats where it all started orders over $ 100 toward the Row as I find! Tips for finding the best vintage and the hat I follow the bread crumbs kind of.. Basic to me and search the vintage market first, I was never really on social.. De vivre a pair of jeans to use boot shapers ' I want to attempt on TikTok '.
Goro Akechi Quotes, John Danny Olivas Death, Articles C